Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Monday, November 01, 2004

The Good, The Bad and The Missing

Good: A headhunter calls me on Thursday out of the blue (I keep forgetting to ask her where she saw my resume), and it looks like I got myself a second client. Finally! I'll find out for sure tomorrow whether I got it. My boss at the first client gave a referral that made it sound like I "walk on water" in her words, but its up to someone other than who I spoke to whether to hire me or not. It will be weird to be working FT again after so long, but its only for a couple of weeks and I'll be glad to have the extra money, as we head into the holiday season and probably another injectibles/IUI cycle.

Bad: I fell in the grocery store this afternoon and hurt my back. What a klutz!! My lower back is bruised and sore and it spasms every time I get into a certain position, which of course, I keep doing. I had a glass of red wine and an Advil at dinner. I know, I know, I shouldn't be drinking at 14DPO, but I could barely sit forward enough to fork food into my mouth. After a while my back still hurt but I didn't care anymore.

Missing: AF. As of right now, 9:40 PM on 14DPO, no sign of her. Spotting a few days ago, cramping this morning, now...nothing. I flat out refuse to POAS yet. I have one remaining FRE in the house and I won't be fooled again!! We'll see what my temp does in the morning. Although, its possible that the wine will skew it one way or another.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Oh, Donna!! What a week! Of course you walk on water! Crossing my fingers the job works out. As for your falling in the store - Yikes! Did you slip on something? Hope you recover soon. You mentioned something in your post about becoming clomid cycle buddies - I hope not!! I'm praying that you get a BFP real soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home