Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Cycle Day 11 (Part I)

Yesterday's U/S was profoundly disappointing. One good thing, my lining was really good, at 10mm, I think that's because of the baby aspirin I've been taking, and haven't even told my doctor about. Bad Donna! But, only 2 small follies, one at 9 and one at 10mm. Hardly big enough to measure. So he sent me home and said to take all 300iu of the pen I received, then come back today and see where we're at. No pressure, but if they haven't grown, then the cycle gets cancelled.

Devin made me a wonderful dinner, which was ready when I got home from work. Even though we didn't discuss my emotional upheaval from yesterday in great detail (he knows better than to try to have a rational conversation with me while I am upset), we did agree that we would come to a decision together what the best course of action would be, and would try to take one day/week/cycle at a time. Because I know that adoption is out of the question, I take the idea of the end of the line personally, I know there isn't anything else beyond this.

The shot last night was the worst one yet. The needle was fine, didn't really feel that, but it was so much fluid going in that it stung. Then after I got these weird pains in my upper thighs, almost like I could feel the hormone as it moved around inside my veins. Feeling OK this morning though. Now we wait for the little buggers to grow and go back in for another U/S at 4:30. $160 please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home