Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Aftermath

Its not a good day when you are awakened at 4:3o AM by a loud THUMP amitting from the bathroom, where your husband is. I opened the door to find him passed out cold on the floor. I was amazingly calm, although I do remember saying O MY GOD when I realized he was unconscious. At least he was breathing, and there was no blood. He had fallen straight backward from standing in front of the toilet and the fall was broken by the towels hanging on the racks. He was out very briefly and I got him sat up and then laid down, he was talking and saying he felt better in about a minute. That's when I thought I was gonna pass out -- this big wave of dizziness came over me and I too laid down on the floor. All that adrenaline coursing through my body!!

To make matters worse, once I got him back in the bed he had a panic attack shortly thereafter. At least he knew that's what it was and within 10 minutes his body temperature was regulating again. Poor guy. After talking to his doc at about 9:00 he seemed much better, hearing from someone other than me that this was normal, after fasting and then going through the trauma of the procedures and all the meds swimming around in his system. He seems pretty good now.

All day long I've been waiting for AF to show. Spotting has gone away, still getting the same gunk on the TP, but only if I go searching for it. Normal people don't do this, do they? I'm hopeful that since she is bound to arrive, that she will get here by the morning and I can do my baseline B/W and U/S tomorrow to start my injectibles cycle.

Until then -- la la la, I can't hear you! I'm not really about to embark on Phase Whatever of this winding road we call Life 2.0.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home