Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Scopy Festival

Devin's doing surprisingly well after his endoscopy/colonoscopy today. Last time he had a hard time fighting off the effects of the sedation (nausea, light-headedness, etc.), but other than being a little sleepy, he's OK.

I'm having a bit of a hard time today. First, waiting around for 2 hours while my husband is under general anesthesia and they put tubes into him wasn't my idea of a delightful morning. Even though I went shopping and had a gift certificate and so only paid $6 for a new pair of shoes, it still didn't make it a good morning. Since we've been home I've been sleeping on and off, as if I were the one who had the procedures.

I know this is about my cycle. Its finally becoming real. I've started my usual brown spotting and having CM with little flecks of whatever-that-stuff-is (my endometrium?) in it. That means AF should be here within the next 48 hours.

First problem, if she arrives on Friday, I have to figure out a way to get in to see my doc over the weekend, to start my Gonal-F. That can be difficult. I guess I could lie and tell them I started on Saturday and just go in on Monday. [See how I get all spazzed out about stuff that may or may not happen?]

Second problem, I'M STARTING INJECTIBLES. Holy shit. Guess I should back up a bit. Package was delivered on Saturday as promised by the seller, but it was delivered to the Hammers down the street. Why didn't we think to look at their house? They called Monday morning to say it was there, after I spent Sunday in a bad mood. I looked everything over and was shocked to see how tiny the ampule with the powdered FSH was. T - i - n - y. If I paid $900 for that, I would be really pissed.

I've put the box with the amp and all the syringes down in the basement to keep it cool. It also keeps it out of my sight.

You may notice I have absolutely, positively, not one shred of doubt that I will be starting a new cycle here in the next few days. Hope has left the building.

3 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good spot for the vial - they also work OK shoved way to the back of the fridge since they should be kept cool. Don't despair - if AF shows you have an additional weapon next cycle!

Hope Devin's feeling OK. Nice deal of the shoes, too!

Kym

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

I too am sorry that you think AF is on her way, but the idea of your doing the injectibles makes me really hopeful FOR you for next cycle!!
Where did you have the gift certificate for??

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Tiff, it wasn't a really cool gift certificate, like Saks or something, just Mervyns. But hey, I'll take almost free shoes from just about anywhere.

Now all spotting and all-things-uterus-related have ceased. I had one big ole cramp on my left side earlier today, but otherwise, the lower back pain is gone and I feel totally normal. Well, as normal as I can feel right now in the middle of this freaking circus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home