Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Saturday, September 11, 2004

9/11

Even after all this time, 9/11 still seems unreal to me. I haven't been to NY or DC since then, so maybe that's it. I've never seen Ground Zero, not sure I want to. Yes, I remember what I was doing when I heard the news, I was on my way to the dentist (my least favorite place in the world). Then I watched the news while I had a root canal. Painful.

Today was my visit at the Family Homeless Shelter with Bailey. As always, it was a difficult morning. Its hard enough to see pregnant women in the store or on the street, but when you see them at a homeless shelter, and they already have a couple of kids, it just makes me mad. I wish I were able to shut off those feelings while I am there, but I can't fathom why you would bring another baby into a life where you can't take care of it. As far as shelters go, its not a bad place to be, but let's face it, they have all had a string of circumstances that led them to that place. I heard two women talking as they watched their children play with the dogs, one of them has a TRO on the father of one of the kids, the other father is in jail. There's just no fairness, who wins the baby lottery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home