Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Stay Tuned for the Next Medical Crisis

In hindsight, we should have noticed how bad it was before...Thursday night we were clipping Tucker's nails and noticed one on the front left paw was split back from the nailbed. It seemed a little sensitive but not more than usual (he hates having his paws touched). Yesterday I went to work and Devin calls to tell me he is taking Tucker to the vet because he isn't putting any weight on that paw. Long story short, they kept him overnight and removed the nail and bandaged it up, Devin brought him home today with a nice yellow bandage and two bottles of antibiotics. He seems his normal frisky self, a little stressed since he can't figure out why he can't go outside and play ball. I cried three times yesterday just thinking about how much pain he was in. Damn hormones!

After stressing about timing on the baseline bloodwork and ultrasound for the injectibles cycle, I finally talked to Marie at Dr. T's office and she said CD3 is fine and made an appt. for me on Monday afternoon. I could have sworn last time I spoke to her she said the baseline stuff had to be done on CD1. Oh well, at least that's taken care of.

I probably didn't sleep very well last night, with only one dog in the house, but that doesn't really explain why I have been sleeping on and off all day. Dare I call it a symptom? My temp went up this morning, a perfectly legitimate temp too, at the regular time and just as I woke up. No spotting of any kind, still, I just went to the loo and REALLY looked. Nada. I'm still waiting for the big crash, but Hope is struggling to get out of the straight-jacket I keep her in.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

So, Tucker is home all safe and sound now, right? Poor doggie!
What was your temp this morning...you haven't updates your chart yet. (Yeah yeah, I know it's still early)
I hope this weeks is ALOT better for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home