Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Friday, October 08, 2004

Cycle Day 5

First shot hurt a bit going in, but that's because I was really nervous, I think. I iced the injection site longer last night and I didn't even feel it! Yippee! Now I don't have to worry so much about the rest of them.

However, being that I ALWAYS need something to worry about, now I'm freaking out because others are telling me I should be monitored more closely, especially since this is our first injectibles cycle. I'm not going back for another U/S until next Wednesday, when I will have gotten 6 out of 7 shots. Others have told me they have had injectibles cycles cancelled after 2 or 3 shots, due to hyper-stimulation. Also, I just don't get how he could know up front that the doses he prescribed to me for those 7 shots are going to be all I need to take. So, what happens if I go in next Wednesday and I have NO follies? Or TOO MANY follies? Seems a little bit too hopeful for my liking to expect that I will have just the right amount and everything will be perfect. That's not been my experience so far in TTC Land.

On the other hand, if I call on Monday and push for an "extra" U/S, that's $160 for 30 seconds and him saying, "Yup, everything looks right on target." I just don't know enough about this to know if I'm in any real danger by waiting the extra two days. I find it hard to believe that Dr. T would purposefully put a patient in danger, it seemed like this was his normal protocol, not like he was being sensitive to my financial concerns. Same thing with Marie, his nurse, when she made the appointment for a week later, that seemed very normal.

I think I'm just being overly cautious...reading too much...listening to others' concerns. I just don't know.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, any danger here is over-stimulation and you would not feel well in that case, so you would know. If you are understimulated then you can try again (or get more shots still for this cycle.) If you are perfect then on you go. (You'll be perfect!) As far as him thinking this would be all you needed - I wonder if they use the drugs to get things started (lots of nice, big follies) and then let them progress on their own if they're not ready yet. Maybe that's your Dr.s protocol. Don't freak out - especially since he and his nurse didn't have any concerns. I'm sorry to have worried you. Hope you're doing OK today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home