Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Cycle Day 3

For those of following along that closely, nothing happened on CD2.

Got the all clear from my gratis U/S this morning, the cyst was completely gone. Dr. T was happy with my lining and my ute and ovaries. I got the 30 second injection lesson from Marie, but since I'm not the one whose going to be giving the shots, I didn't really pay much attention. I brought home the nice 4-color pictoral guide, passed on the video. Yes, there really is a video. I'm sure its riveting.

So tonight hubby gets to start to play the part of Dr. Injecto, and not just on TV! First 2 days at 225iu, then 5 days at 150iu, which uses up all the Gonal-F I have. I'm still not clear on what happens if at my U/S next Wednesday my follies suck...I guess if we have to shell out full price for a couple more amps we can swing that. Always looking for ways to stress myself out even more, I'm really good at that!!

As I told my online friends, if we get pregnant this cycle, and "all" it took was 7 lousy shots and an IUI, part of me is going to be pissed that this isn't the first thing we tried, all those many moons ago. But, if that were the case, I wouldn't now be sitting here with many more friends (cyber and real), not to mention enough knowledge of my reproductive system to speak at seminars and enough acronyms to write entire paragraphs with just a few pronouns and punctuation marks. Skills I will have for the rest of my life.

2 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

I guess that's both the good AND bad way of looking at things.
I hope the injection went smoothly this evening!
I hope this cycle goes off without a hitch..cept that big BFP at the end of it!!!

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is it for you. And it was all worth it - after all, how many people do you know that can write an entire paragraph in acronyms? That's a skill to be proud of, girl!

Kym

 

Post a Comment

<< Home