Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Political Segueway

In an effort to pry myself away from the infertility topic for just a few minutes, I wanted to link an article that is the best representation of my thoughts and beliefs on the current political mess we find ourselves in. This was written by a journalist in North Carolina who has been a staunch Republican advocate in the past, but who has changed his position.

As a Canadian citizen living in the United States, I'm often baffled by the vehemence at which the U.S. denounces or rallies against certain issues while simultaneously ignoring others that, at least in my book, are far more important. The attempted constitutional amendment against gay marriage would have been laughable had it not been so desperate. I'm not able to vote, so I sit on the sidelines and join the ranks of millions who can and don't. Don't even get me started on the Electoral College system.

Its sadly unfortunate that John Kerry isn't the Democratic candidate that we all wanted, but at least he's not Bush. I'll take Big Ketchup over Big Oil anyday.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

*Claps Hands*
I am Tiffanni, and I approved this post! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home