Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Monday, January 09, 2006

Lost and Found

As I mentioned a while back, I'm working on a new blog but its not ready for prime time yet. I have a Very Talented Designer working on the graphics and template. I'll keep this one for archive purposes but I felt it was the right time to start fresh, and with all the changes to the template it was just easier to get a new URL so we could play around with it and not drive my readers crazy while it was going through design stages.

I sort of wanted to start out the new year with the new blog, but I cannot hold onto my good news any longer. Remember my "Seven Things" post from last month? It looks like #3 on the list of Things to Do Before I Die is going to happen a lot sooner than I thought. Go ahead, look.

Last week D. got an email from his son, out of the blue. It was carefully worded, cautiously optimistic, respectful, with fine grammar and syntax...everything we could have wished for. I want to be very careful about their privacy so I can't give you all the details, but I can tell you he's close by, he has a son of his own, and seems remarkably baggage-free, considering what he's been through. They're writing back and forth right now exchanging information, and a face-to-face meeting is in the works. D. was stunned but happy (as was I), and seems to be in a really good space about everything, as does his son.

Obviously this doesn't lessen my sadness regarding our failure to have a child of our own, but it goes a long way to lighten the heartache of knowing D. had a son out there who didn't know him. Now they both have a chance to make a fresh start. Funny how your life can change in an instant, and all of a sudden you are on a new path. Happy new year, indeed.

19 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger April said...

Oh my heart just did giant flip flops for you both.

Thinking of you and wishing you the best...

What exciting news.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for both of you. It looks as if 2006 is starting off on the right foot.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything falls into place for a visit very soon!

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is HUGE news... and it reminds me of all the exciting emotions I went through the first time I was about to meet my birthmother.

I hope it works out as well for all of you as it did for me!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

That is SO exciting! Well, cautiously and all that, but wow!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Coloratura said...

Ain't life funny like that...?

I am really happy for you... enjoy, you deserve it!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

Hell, I think I am still in shock over the whole thing, I can't imagine what you guys are thinking. WOW, it's just amazing how quickly things are change.
I know your new blog will be too kickass for words! ;)

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger avonlea said...

Donna, I'm so happy for you and your husband, I hope the contact will continue and there will be a wonderful opening.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Sue said...

wow! I'm in shock, too. Please keep us posted. I hope DH's son will understand what happened.

You are exactly right on "Funny how your life can change in an instant, and all of a sudden you are on a new path." It's just so hard to remember that when you knee deep in shit.

Can't wait to see your new blog.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Ramona said...

It is funny that life as you know it, can change from one moment to the next. It must have taken a lot of courage for D's son to contact him and I'm so glad that he did!
I really hope that everything goes well, and that 2006 is a happy one for all of you!
(Will this make you a step-granny?!) ;)

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Donna, what an exciting opportunity to forge new family ties - wishing you and D. the very best in 2006!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Mellie said...

Donna - That IS fabulous news. I so hope everything turns out wonderful for you, dh and dh's son & his family. What a great way to start the new year.

Does this mean you have to come up with a new #3 for the list?

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh! What great news, Donna! Congratulations to you both!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Fertile Soul said...

Donna, i'm so happy for you both!!! What a relief for you and for him. What your husband has been through is unimaginable, like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, unable to move forward. And i'm just so happy for this news.

Thank you for sharing. This is great news.

And the fact that son has a son, well that's getting a son and a grandson in one email! Happy new year!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger charlie's mom said...

Oh that is WONDERFUL! What great news!

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Donna, that is so exciting! I can't wait to hear more about this ... and see the new blog. Hope everything goes smoothly.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Happy new year, indeed! After last year, you definitley deserve some good news. Looking forward to the new blog!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger chris said...

That's really wonderful news.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Sher said...

Donna that is wonderful news!!! Here's hoping 2006 will be a MUCH better year for you and your DH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home