Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Monday, December 12, 2005

Raising a Glass

As many of you know, yesterday was the Bay Area IF Blogapalooza luncheon. Truly a wonderful experience, somehow 4 hours wasn't enough so most of us found another venue and continued for another couple of hours. When I left there were still a half a dozen out of a total of 17 I believe. Although many of the stories were heart-breaking, and heart-breakingly similar to each other, this was far from a pity party. Instead, for the most part the room was booming with raucous laughter and animated conversation. I'm sure the restaurant was glad they agreed to put us in a private room!

Between the mall aversion, the warmish weather and the moratorium on decorating the homestead this year, I still cannot get into the holidays. A huge part of this is the fact that I am agnostic, and let's face it, Christmas in America is really about two things: religion and shopping. Christmas music also drives me nuts, its either wholly religious (no pun intended) or insipid. Having said that, here's a little ditty that made even this bitter wretch smile.

The Count - Let it Snow MP3 (right click, Save Target As to save with your music files, or just click on the link to play using RealPlayer or something similar)

We're going to D's company Christmas party on Saturday, and I will be debuting my new holiday outfit. Not only that, we are staying at the hotel after the party so it will be a nice little getaway and we won't have to worry about how much we're drinking. There's something about corporate events that makes me want to drink copious amounts of whatever free swill they are offering. D. also got himself a new suit, I promise if there are any decent pictures of us I will post them, y'all know I am not shy about that kind of thing.





21 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger charlie's mom said...

Ooh! Gorgeous!

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DELISH!!!! Where did you get that gorgeous gown?

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Manuela, the bag and shoe photo was just for you, hon. The dress is from Macy's, believe it or not. The funniest thing is that it is EXACTLY the same color as one of our dogs.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going to look really awesome on you. I love the color (and minimal dog hair showage is a total bonus).
Here's one of my very favorite Christmas songs from an old entry of mine, that you can download. It's very funny and not at all Christmasy

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED meeting you Donna. And I'm sure you look gorgeous in that dress.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Rooshie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Rooshie said...

That is an AWESOME outfit! I loooove the shoes! How did you get everything that is the perfect color?? WOW.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AW! Thanks for thinking of me, Donna!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Glad you had a great gathering yesterday!!!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Statia, thanks for the song! Too funny. Strangely enough, my iTunes randomly selected "Dream On" as the next song...what does that mean I wonder?

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics! Glad the meeting was fun. - Kym

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger MC said...

Divine frock, shoes and bag. It makes me want to go shopping.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Coloratura said...

oooo, purty...

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger chris said...

I love your dress. Have fun!

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dress is gorgeous! You will stun them all. I'm so gald we got together and really want to do it again.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh! That's me.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

I still can't get over how awesome that dress (outfit) is.
So glad to hear y'all had a good time at the get together. Wish I could've made it.

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! That color is amazing and is going to look fanstastic with your equally amazing eyes.

It was so nice to meet you!

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god! GORgeous!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger tonya said...

You are going to look so fabulous in that dress! Truly a lovely ensemble. And I LOVED the count... thanks for the smile. :)

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger zhl said...

What a beautiful dress. Can you find something for me to wear to my husband's Christmas party? And get it to me by tomorrow night?

So jealous about your infertile lollapalooza.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home