Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Seaside Rendezvous

Yesterday we took the dogs for their favorite walk along the waterfront, with trips on the way out and way back to the dog park. Although I love the ocean and cherish the time together with all my "boys", the park is a bittersweet place for me now. This is where we would talk about deciding to try, then talk about our feelings while in the trenches, and finally, where we talked about stopping treatment. I resent infertility burrowing its way into what used to be a completely joyous ritual. Despite this, the day was a gift from the weather gods, temperature in the low 80s, just a hint of a sea breeze and swells big enough to bring the surfers out. Not bad for mid-November.






















Queen - Seaside Rendezvous - MP3

9 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like it was taken off Spanish Banks here in Vancouver!!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger JennaM said...

Just to say that your blog hands down wins the prize for variety (of both content and form). I love the pictures, links, etc. and enjoy "Words" every time I visit!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

Yeah, what is up with the weather here lately? Not that I am complaining, it sure beats -30.
I am sorry that if burrowed it's way into such a great thing...but glad that you got to spend some time with your BOYS. :)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger April said...

This is absolutely breathtaking.

Beautiful.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Beautiful pics, Donna. I am hoping that your walks can bring some new happier memories for you.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

Donna - Such pretty pics. I hope you and hubby soon can forget the bitter part of the walk and concentrate on the sweet.

And those gifts below are priceless. I think I want to get those earrings to wear all through my IVF cycle.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna, I am sorry your journey continues to be tinged with sadness. Perhaps all journeys that have some sort of ending in them are bittersweet. One of the people to greatly comfort me when I was at my lowest point was an ex-boyfriend. He is sort of my other self, me in another body. He married a really nice girl about 6 six years ago and ofcourse never expected to experience infertility. They were both young and beautiful. As fate would decree they are "infertile" whatever that word means. Theirs is unexplained. The way they have embraced this and then inturn embraced life with renewed zest was a source of tremendous inspiration to me. To know that there is so much to discover, to enjoy, to feel profoundly moved by and excited about.

I know each one will find their own way to heal but perhaps one healing pill is the company of others who have climbed that mountain. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger erinberry said...

What gorgeous photos!

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As cheesy as it sounds, I actually *gasp*ed when I saw the pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home