Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Kind of a mish-mash today...I'm thinking about changing the name of my blog. Has anyone else done this? I'm not changing the URL, since that's not the same as the name anyway, but I'm wondering if it will cause problems for my regular readers. Not that "Words to Live By" is a terrible name, it's just not very creative and doesn't have anything to do with my life and what I've lived through. I won't tell you the proposed new name just yet, I want opinions on changing first.

I'm going to leave up my pictures for another day or two then I will take them down. I've been invited to the Bay Area Infertileblogapalooza (not sure if its safe to call it the First Annual or not), and I want those I'm about to meet have a peek at the goods first.

I have Site Meter, as most of you do (or another similar counter), and I've just recently gotten around to looking at the information on my readers. I've had quite a few hits from places like Argentina and Serbia, but most of the hits from the non-English speaking countries are for the MP3s that I've posted. Hopefully somebody looking for Madonna stuck around to read about me. I'd love to know who my faithful reader from Regina is, any chance you can delurk and leave a comment, or email me?

I had another job interview last week, it initially felt eerily like the last interview situation, and we all know how well that turned out. So, I was very aggressive in both my salary requirement (way beyond the range, apparently), and in my stand that I didn't need or even really want this job as it meant giving up independent consulting. I had both people I interviewed with agreeing that I had a sweet set-up and I would be crazy to give it up without a big(ger) paycheck. I even had the balls to offer my services as a consultant if they didn't make me an offer or I didn't accept it if it was made.

I learned my lesson this last go-around, so while I am waiting for an answer on that FT opportunity I am going ahead and taking on a second consulting client. Hey, mama needs a new dress for holiday parties! I'll keep y'all posted.

11 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Hi! I changed my blog name and it was no big deal.

Good luck on the job situation - love the dress!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger April said...

I say if you feel the need to change it - change away. I'm a regular reader and the name isn't what's important to me. Your words are.

And yeah, I also have statcounter, and have been getting an amazing number of hits lately from two cities that I wish I could figure out who they are. Very frustrating.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

I just can't get over how rockin' that dress is! Damn!
Umm..I don't have a prob with you changing the name....as long as it's nothing silly. hehe

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Coloratura said...

As long as you don't change your url, you'll be fine. If you change the url, those that are linked to you would have a broken link (unless there is some way to redirect in Blogger.com and I don't think there is.)

Cool dress! And I hope the gig comes through!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Ooh, love the dress! Smokin'.

I think the blog name is apt and it describes your journey and your writing; Don't go changing!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

I agree if you want to change, change away! I've seen a few blogs do a huge change, name, look and user profile name and it wasn't confusing at all.

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pleeeaaaaassssseeee buy that dress. Pleeease.

Changing names - change away - it's your blog! Jobs - they suck - you SHOULD be demanding when thinking of a change - you're worth every penny and they'd be damn lucky to have you! -Kym

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger tonya said...

Donna, glad to virtually "see" you, and looking forward to meeting you at our gathering next month.

Best wishes on the job search. Fortunately, things are heating up again here. I hope you land the perfect gig soon!

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually literally gasped when I looked at that dress. Absolutely gorgeous.

Redheads look hot in that color as well.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Tiff, just don't change it to something silly. Or maybe silly would be good. If it was smart silly. Or.. umm.. yeah, I'm sure it would be good.

You guys have a blogapalooza? I am so jealous!

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Donna,
I would be your faithful reader from Regina. My future daughter-in-law has been diagnosed with PCOS, and as I work in library reference, I began doing some on-line research about the condition.

This led me to the blogs that I read today, yours among them, and I have found them enlightening, heart-breaking, and joyous, in turn.

What began as an effort to understand and be supportive to my son and his fiancee has burgeoned into a real concern for, and interest in, the lives of women I've never met.

I hope that the thoughts and good wishes of all the "lurkers" will bring you peace and happiness wherever your journey takes you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home