Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Slave to the Rhythm

One important thing in my life I hardly ever discuss here is music. I've always loved to dance so music has always been close to my heart, but since I got my iPod and discovered digital music, well -- my life changed, for the better. I get bored easily listening to an entire CD by one artist, so having a digital library perpetually set to play songs in random order is simply heaven.

Recently I've heard (and downloaded) most of the new Depeche Mode CD "Playing the Angel". The first single, Precious, is my favorite so far.

























I've also heard the first single, Hung Up, from Madonna's new CD "Confessions on a Dance Floor". I must confess I love the old Madonna dance classics, so I like this too.

























Obviously these are both artists who were big in the 80's -- oh dear, is my age showing? Oh, what the heck, download them both on me. (Right click on the link and Save Target As, put it where you put your other music files.) Let me know what you think.

Depeche Mode - Precious - mp3
Madonna - Hung Up - mp3

8 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How in the hell did you do that!!! It sounds like we have the same taste in music and I can't wait to upload these two songs onto my ipod. I love both artists and have been interested in their new cds....thank you!

I hope you are well,

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Julie said...

So very generous, thanks!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Ramona said...

I have got to get me and iPod so I'll know what you and everybody else is raving about!
I'm always a bit late to pick up on cool things...

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Ramona, if you check back, you don't need an mp3 player to download the songs, you probably have a built-in player on your computer already (like RealAudio or more likely Windows Media Player).

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Xtine said...

I love BOTH. Depeche has been keeping me busy and I cant wait for Madonna. I really like Hung Up. The new 'embrace the light' madonna maybe hard to handle for some, but I think it is great.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Coloratura said...

snagged the madonna tune and forgot to say thank you... so thank you! I've never liked her much other than her 'Ray of Light' tune (which I -adore-) and this one is not bad either... my husband loves it!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Coloratura said...

and p.s. - I too am an iPod freak. What did we ever do without those???

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if u want an ipod, you can go to www.getipodsforfree.com and do an offer. follow the instructions and they'll actually send you a freeipod, no joke, there's reviews all over the internet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home