Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Volcano & Animal Friends

Are you getting sick of Hawaii pics yet? I promise, there are only a few more I'll post here.


D. and I about to start the lava hike

Recent lava flow. I kept thinking to myself, "I bet this is what my endo-encrusted reproductive system looks like." I know, I'm weird.

Steam rises as hot lava hits the ocean, we are about 2 miles from the lava flow.

Geckos love jam

Spinner dolphin

Very friendly sea turtle

Cruise ship heads into the sunset

If you would like to see all the pictures (hundreds & hundreds), email me and I will send you the Shutterfly link.

10 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

These are beautiful. I would love the link.

Last year, I felt such a loss. P and I went to Costa Rica and I took about 7 rolls of film. Later, when I went to develop them and especially wanting the roll with the volcano and the sunset on it, of course that roll was missing. I'm holding out hope that it is floating around here someplace. In the mean time, I'll enjoy yours.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Ramona said...

Donna! You certainly have an eye for taking gorgeous photos!
Good luck with the job prospect, I hope it works in your favour.
And, for your Aunt's sake, I hope one of your relatives steps up to the plate.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Coloratura said...

ohhhhh, this makes me think of the time I snorkeled in Hawaii and the sea turtle I saw... and who knew geckos love jam?!

great pics, I can dream...

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger MC said...

That gecko is so cute.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Hi, Donna - great pics!

You can take me of hiatus, now, if you'd like. I need an outlet. :)

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So frikkin' beautiful. Incredible that a place like that exists on this planet.

hehe, Geckos kick ass.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, let me rephrase this.

Golly, you've really done a terrific job and what you say is very entertaining. I love how you talk about GECKOS. I wrote an entire blog talking about GECKOS and think you'd really like it. Check it out! We accept visa, mastercard, frankincense and myrrh.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

Geckos love Jam??? You learn something every day.

Good luck with all the job schtuff.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics! And you know... I'm always equating things to the condition of my reproductive system... so the lava flow comment was entirely obvious in my opinion.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird... that last comment is me... Manuela... but there's no place to enter my info! Is there a glitch in the system?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home