Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Friday, September 16, 2005

The Countdown Continues

I'm taking a break from cleaning the house to post one more time before we leave. Our normal dog-sitter is coming to stay for the week so the boys won't be lonely. He lets them sleep with him (as we do), so they are always happy when Uncle D. comes to stay. I already miss them!

This trip still doesn't seem real, maybe it will kick in when we leave the house tomorrow with our suitcases. I just checked the weather on the Big Island and it looks like there will be showers in the mornings most every day (normal), with a temperature range between 70 and 85. Sounds perfect to me, I wilt in too much heat. I may not come back with much of a tan but at least I won't get heatstroke.

I'll leave you with the perfect song to send me off.

12 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Xtine said...

bon voyage!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger MC said...

Have a great time. Your dogs are gorgeous and what a fantastic dog minder. I looked after a friend's dog recently and she got every thing our dogs got. We're taking ours down the beach with us for a few days next week.

 
At 4:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a beautiful time, Donna!!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

I hope you guys have a kickass time!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Ramona said...

Donna, have a wonderful time on your holiday, you deserve it! I know this past year has been a tough one for you, and that you have been working hard to come to terms with things. I hope that this vacation will be the start of happier times.
Thanks too for the comments on my blog. It's been a tough week, and it has occurred to me that my mom also has NPD. I've known my whole life that she was not quite right, but never really knew what the problem was. I've read a few on-line articles that sound exactly like my mom's behaviour. Somehow, it makes me feel stronger knowing that in all probability she has a mental illness.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Coloratura said...

hawaii... yummy... I hope you have a great time!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger laura k said...

Beautiful pups!

Thanks for the link, Donna - and for your recent comment on my blog.

Bon voyage - have a great trip!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

Hi,
Just saw a response of yours at Oro's and thought I'd come by. An atheist IFer trying to get rid of baggage. My cup of tea. Hope your vacation is lovely.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Chee Chee said...

Have a great time!!!!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have a great time and take lots of wonderful pictures to share with us!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Donna, I hope you are having a fab time with lots of cocktails too!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger chris said...

Oh, what cute doggies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home