Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Monday, October 03, 2005

Damn Subconscious

Lest you think that I am sitting here basking in the afterglow of vacation bliss, here is the other crap that's going on right now:

1. I got fed up with the complete lack of response from my family regarding finding my Aunt, so I went ahead and sent a message to the contact person from the survivor's group of the institution. He replied while we were in Hawaii with some good information on where to start the process and offered to help the family get her files. I forwarded this information to my family and told them I thought it best someone in Canada take it from here but to keep me in the loop. As of this minute, complete and utter silence in response.

2. I had a job interview last week. Once again, I got an email while in Hawaii about a position at yet another company that I've been trying to get into forever. The interview went very well; if they decide to fill the position with a senior person (as opposed to a more junior person they could train), then I suspect that I will be the front-runner. I believe this would be a good change for me, but I hate change. So, naturally I am already freaking out about something that may or not happen and won't be resolved for at least a month.

3. I am having dental nightmares, literally. I wake up in a panic believing I am sitting in the chair, smelling that mix of sterility and metal that only exists in their offices. I called my dental insurance this morning and they told me I would have to get a new pre-authorization for the silver crowns I need replaced if I want it done by a different dentist, and that takes about 30 days. I just can't go back to the office I went to before, I don't trust them after what happened. I've decided to try out my husband's dentist (a woman), and I need to call her to make a consultation appointment to get the ball rolling. Just thinking about calling makes me want to throw up.

4. I'm still peeling like a snake and my left big toe is the color of eggplant. Nice.

And how is your week going?

6 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger zhl said...

Hi Donna,
I've thought about e-mailing you my thanks but thought instead I would do it more publicly. You can't even imagine how much your kindness has meant to me. I find it incredible that you are so still supportive when your story doesn't have the ending you wanted. Thank you. And I love the vacation pictures. Hawaii is on my list of places to visit.

zhl
p.s. I saw the Decemberists for the first time last week. They rocked.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... you're having a great time of things, then?

I hate hate hate anxiety dreams. Hate them with a passion. Hate that you're having them, especially about your least favorite topic. I hope they cease.

Good luck with the process of finding your aunt. It's sad that your family hasn't responded. I guess they're scared of what they will learn. You're a good niece to try to find her story.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger MC said...

At the end of the school holidays in January, I have anxiety dreams about going back to work. They usually consist of the class being out of control, swearing at me, and no support from the admin.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Coloratura said...

hate the dentist. hate it. I have a list of supposedly 'gentle dentle' dentist's in the Bay Area, although they are in the City and Oakland... I can send it to you if you want though.

sometimes there are those weeks where things pile up as they are for you on this one... hate that too!

try to stay sane and keep writing/venting!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger JennaM said...

It's crap. The worst week of my life. Funny tragic. Unfuckingbelievably bad. And it's Monday.

You are not alone.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

I can't believe that your family isn't even replying to your emails about the situation. That is just odd.
We must have the same 'dental karma'. Oh..how I hate dentists....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home