Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Saturday, April 16, 2005

The Week in Review

I've got a hodge-podge of things rattling around in my head that I need to get down on blog-paper so the noise will stop. In no particular order, chronologically or by importance.

While in Vegas I bought a TransPod FM for my iPod Mini so we didn't have to listen to the crappy radio stations. I could have bought it cheaper online but since it's working so well I didn't mind paying full price. I have an iTrip that I bought with the iPod, but this works much better. The best part is it charges the iPod while it's playing, unlike the iTrip, which uses the iPod's power and drains the battery within an hour.

A friend sent me this pictoral representation of the process of choosing a new Pope, Popapalooza 2005. I wish I had the creativity and the time to do stuff like this. LOVE the advert at the bottom.

Tuesday I had a dentist appointment for a relatively simple procedure. I have a very bad past history with dentists, and have paid through the nose for the past 5 years or so to see a dentist outside of our insurance coverage that deals with phobic patients. Now that I've stopped pouring money into my uterus I needed to get back to my dential problems and decided to get back inside the insurance group, not to mention their office is 10 minutes from home. I'm pretty sure my new dentist is gay, which somehow makes me feel comfortable. I was feeling fine, not even the usual nervousness, so I didn't ask for nitrous. Within 5 seconds of him injecting the novacaine, I was overcome with nausea and dizziness. I almost fell out of the chair. They gave me oxygen and a cold cloth on my forehead and took my blood pressure. It was very low, I think she said 80 over 50 or something like that. They almost called the paramedics! I kept telling them to give me a minute and I would be fine. After about 5 minutes I did feel fine, they re-took my blood pressure and it was normal, so he decided to go ahead and do the dental work, even though he said he wasn't supposed to. I have another appointment next month. I'll be taking a Xanax and getting nitrous. That'll be a day off work, I'm thinking.

Finally, the part you've all been waiting for, an update on my sex life: non-existant. The first cycle after the failed injectibles I cut myself some slack, the second cycle I felt a little guilty, but then that one (as well as the first) ended on cycle day 20, so I figured it wouldn't have made any difference anyway. Here we are at prime ovulation time and I still have no drive whatsoever. Granted, both of our libidos are somewhat compromised by medication, and DH has been training every night after work in preparation for a big martial arts test next week. More excuses. I would rather read my book than make love. I think I am afraid to put myself into a situation where I have a 2 week wait. I don't want to feel that feeling again. How do I get my mojo back?

5 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nuns! Feck! Arse! As Father Jack (fellow priest of Father Ted, the Irish Contender) would say...

Loved the ad at the bottom - hehe!

Oro
birch and maple

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Hey friend....glad to see an update. Sometimes (and this is just my opinion) it's ok to let the mojo lay low for a bit. I have needed time out once in a while and makes the return all that much more sweet! So, here's a weird piece of sandy-trivia for you. Cardinal Wilfred Napier, who is on your friend's little diagram there, used to come to my house in the late 60's/early 70's when he was a seminarian at Louvain University in Belguim. I have pictures of us together ... he is an awesome awesome man. Seven degrees of separation eh?

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

I wish I had some advice on the Mojo thing, but I am alas, the Queen of non-Existant Mojo.
I sure hope your next dentist appt. goes MUCH better. That is scary.
I will have to look into that IPod Trip thingy...
((HUGS))

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I knew what to tell you on the mojo...still trying to find my way. I know that for us, DH and I have slowly rediscovered each other - its hit or miss depending on the day. But I have to say, I don't miss the shots, the 2WW or the 1 WW for that matter. I've stayed away from the ttc boards because its just too damn depressing. We have finally decided (read that I) to just walk away - no RE would touch me at 43 using my own eggs and quite frankly, spending 25K on a donor egg cycle has lost its appeal. I'd rather use that cash to plunk down on a house in the middle of the country, with some land, and enjoy my dogs, cats and husband. Its kinda weird that after the past 5 years of struggle, I can finally release the pain (for today anyway) and say that I think I see a light at the end of this long, sad tunnel...and its not a train.

I'm not a fan of dentists either...glad you're doing better though.

Big hugs honey.

Suzanne
tiggy2001

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, *scratching head* there's always dressing up in scandalous outfits and meeting Devin for a date at some bar and pretending to pick him up.

You know, role playing bullshit.

Popapalooza. Ha, that ad is perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home