Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Friday, April 01, 2005

Dead Wrong

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In a scathing report on the intelligence community, a presidential commission Thursday said the United States still knows "disturbingly little" about the weapons programs and intentions of many of its "most dangerous adversaries." The panel also determined the intelligence community was "dead wrong" in its assessments of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction capabilities before the U.S. invasion. "This was a major intelligence failure," said a letter from the commission to President Bush.

Here's the full article if you want to read the rest. The part that worries me the most about this is the Henny Penny factor. What happens if Dub-ya has a press conference tomorrow saying that North Korea has nuclear weapons and we need to go in there and take care of the problem. Are we going to believe him? I'm sure as hell going to be dubious. It used to just be the administration I mistrusted, now its the intelligence community as well. Is there a bunk on the space station I can rent?

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sher said...

It wasn't too long after my husband was sent to Iraq that I saw the "real" story as to what was going on with this whole mess. I am so thankful that my DH came home safe and sound but so many have died for reasons that were lies. I lost all respect the day the President stood there and told Hussein "Bring it on"....and my husband was the one that was having to fight.
The bad part is, there are so many Americans that still believe that there are WMD in Iraq.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home