Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Take Another Little Piece of my Heart

So much for not being torn to pieces. I am having a rough day, despite the fact that I have the day off and its sunny and warm outside. I gathered enough strength and willpower to sweep then vacuum, but that's only because I couldn't stand chasing around the balls of dog hair any longer. My thumb continues to be covered by a band-aid in public, whenever its not covered I'm constantly messing with it. This sucks. Why am I not content with the wonderful life I have?

5 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough day, sweetie. I'm glad you have your awesome puppies to help cheer you (when they're not shedding!)

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woops - that was me - I forget to sign my name sometimes. -Kym

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because life sucks at times.
Because you're a sensitive person who's made a tough decision recently in your life and it takes time to come to terms with it.
Because Fate doesn't believe in being equitable but it does give you the resilience to deal with its inequities.
I believe you are resilient above all else Donna. You are. You'll see.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

are you SURE we are not related? because it sounds like we came from the same family.
I am sorry about the thumb..I dropped my sisterinlaws waterbed on my foot back in the day and low and behold...FUCKING OW!!!!
I have a tremendous urge to call you up and have a 'sister' talk with ya..but it's getting late....my heart goes out to you, Donna. I know what you are going through and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone....ok, maybe a few people, but definitely not you.
You have been on my mind a lot lately. Please let me know if you need anything.
((HUGS))

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Sue said...

My favorite counselor from years ago taught me to "hold" the emotions/pain....that it was o.k. to feel. That was a new one to me, after learning to stuff the pain in a variety of unhealthy ways. Hang it there, sweetie. Enjoy the sunshine, but don't feel like it should be the panacea for the shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home