Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Friday, March 04, 2005

The Weekend Beckons


Paris door detail

I'm just going to keep posting pictures randomly, I like the added color on the page.

Tonight DH (and yes, those are my husband's initials) and I are going out to dinner. We make our best effort to go out on a date night at least once a month, as close to the 2nd as possible, we call it our "monthiversary", since we were married on July 2. We are lucky to live in an area with many great restaurants and we love to try out new ones. Tonight we are going to a place we've only been to once before, so I'll still consider that a "new" restaurant. Do ya even have to ask if I'm gonna order wine? BTW, check out our local supplier, the Bonny Doon Vineyard; the labels are fantastic, particularly for their Eurodoon collection.

Tomorrow morning Bailey and I have a visit at a local retirement community, we belong to an organization called Furry Friends. The past several months I've been unable to bring myself to go to the visits, particularly my other site, which is a homeless family shelter. I wasn't able to give anything to anyone, I was so wrapped up in my own IF struggle. Now that I'm on the lee side I'm feeling like I have at least a little something to give. Tomorrow is our Easter visit (we only go once a month) and another volunteer is bringing her bunny, complete with miniature hay wagon and chocolate goodies. The residents are going to be very happy. And so am I.

6 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

It's so cool that you visit retirement homes with your guy. I've thought about taking our Newf but he's so big and drooly. Our rottie/lab is just too hyper. But I can see someone cuddling into the Newf. Enjoy. You're in the first row!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

That SO impresses me that you and Bailey do that. Kick ass!!! Good puppy!!!! *pats head*
I hope your guys have a great dinner!

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna - OMG, DH & I were married on July 2 too! And yes you do have many nice restaurants in CA! I just finished reading Anne Bird's book "Blood Brother", and aside from the tragic crime, the book talks about the many nice restaurants and hotels in CA that the family went to (fine dining for them)! Enjoy - Carolyn, SK

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Ramona said...

I love that you participate in a Furry Friends programme. Once in a while one of the nurses will bring her Airdale in to the ICU to visit our chronic patients. It is absolutely wonderful to see their faces light up, and surprisingly visitors are also pleased. I think Pet Therapy is absolutely awesome...it is probably a highlight in many people's day.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Our other dog, Tucker, is sweet and smart but too hyper to be around the elderly or the very young, so he has to stay home (which he is VERY upset about!). Today's visit was great, lots of residents and lots of dogs. And Ramona, you're right, it also helps those who come to visit the residents, its a win-win all around. I'm good people.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Donna, you are good people, that's for sure!! People say that being involved in charity is a selfless thing - for me, it's a selfish thing, b/c I get so much in return. Hope you and DH had a nice date.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home