Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

IUI Update

I'm officially in the 2WW. The stats for the IUIs were both good, which is amazing considering what hubby had to go through just to leave the sample for the first one. We often underestimate how stressful and emotional this is for our partners, this is such an egocentric process. I felt so bad he had to go through with leaving a sample when he was feeling so bad, but he understood that time was of the essence and soldiered through it. Yesterday I was feeling very bloated and crampy all day, not too surprising considering the millions of sperm that are partying in my uterus right now.

In an attempt to psyche myself out, we are looking into going to Hawaii in the fall. Pricing out flights, researching B&Bs, that sort of thing. Since the trip will be canceled if I get pregnant, I figure the best thing to do is to act like we are going. We're also looking into going to Vegas for a long weekend in about a month. That one I figure we can plan on no matter what happens.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

I hope the 2ww goes quickly and you get a nice happy happy surprise at the end of it. *Keeping my fingers crossed for you*

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

You know...that's a good strategy. Plan as if you are going to hawaii. I've been putting off a winter trip south for the last three years, you know, just in case. Dammit. I live in Canada and I get COLD in the winter! I should plan too. Hope it works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home