Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Saturday, January 01, 2005

2005 is here -- Big Deal

A long, long time ago in a land far, far away (Canada) I used to wish upon stars and think that things I wished for at "special" moments, like the ringing in of a New Year, were bound to come true. Now I know its all Hallmark bullshit.

In addition to the holiday hospital stay, the last week of the year included frustrating shopping/parking karma, torrential rain and hailstorms, a huge pimple on my chin and a couple of power outages thrown in just for fun.

Last night we were going to celebrate by doing what the TTC community annoyingly refers to as "baby dancing", but alas, that was not to be, thanks in large part to my old friend herpes simplex II, a nice parting gift from my crap-fest of a first marriage. In all the years we've been together I've somehow managed to keep from passing on this nasty little scourge to my current (and much better) husband, so now I have to cross my fingers and hope that I will be through with this latest outbreak before I ovulate. Oh, how I love being me.

And, once again, Happy Fucking New Year.

3 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Ollie, we both came out of that marriage with life-long scars...he had a vasectomy. L-o-n-g story, maybe I'll tell it here sometime.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

Yeah..WTF is up with all this damn rain? Do you know of any Arc Dealerships around here? I know it's rainy season and all, but damn!
Oh, Donna. What a lovely lovely way to ring in the new year...NOT! I am sorry. Fucking a!
So, what you're saying is that it's only Jan 1st and this year already sucks?! lol I am sorry, that just struck as funny, even though it's really not.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Hi Donna:
I'm glad you helped me to find your blog! I'm glad the holiday season is finally over for you and that you catch a break in the new year. Sure doesn't sound like you were able to catch one over Christmas or NY, from reading your entries. Love the pics of your dogs, and look forward to getting to know more about our commonalities!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home