Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Monday, November 29, 2004

And Away We Go (Again)

Today was the long-awaited and much-worried-about ultrasound. I lied to my doc and told him it was CD3, when in fact its CD4, but there was no way in hell he was cancelling this cycle due to one day. The U/S looked good, so we are on course to try to get through a whole injectibles/IUI cycle this month. Clomid CD4 through CD9, Gonal-F shots CD6 through CD12, then another U/S and E2 bloodwork on CD13. Hopefully we'll be able to do the IUIs on the weekend of the 15th and 16th, which puts the end of the 2WW squarely on Christmas Day. Ugh! No pressure there. At least we won't be having to try to figure out how to fit in a festive IUI on Christmas Eve. Ho Ho Ho

With the protocol he's got me on we will only use up one of the 1200iu multi-dose kits we bought. Does this open up the possibility of another injectibles cycle after this one? Part of me wants to use the end of the year as a clean cutoff point if we aren't successful, but the other part says, what the hell lady, you already bought the junk, you might as well use it. I swear to God, sometimes I can actually see these little people sitting on each shoulder, arguing with each other. Is that a sign of psychosis?

Once again, my extrapolation abilities are limitless. Trying to live in the here and now has become very difficult for me. I used to spend all my time living in the past, now I'm spending all my time in the future. Its a wonder I can walk down stairs without falling.


2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Sue said...

That's great news!!!! I'm so crossing my fingers for you, Donna!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

Walking down stairs w/out falling..that is no small feat.
Anyway, I am w/ the side of you that is saying just use the junk, if, god forbid, it's necessary. No need to waste, ya know. ;)
This cycle has "Wonderful Things" written all over it. Mmhmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home