Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Friday, November 12, 2004

Half-way & Counting

I'm about half-way through taking the BCPs. They are pure evil. I swear, each night when I push that little pill through its protective plastic coating, I can hear a little snicker. I'm still having pain on the right side, not enough to be concerned that a cyst has burst, but enough to know they are still there. Maybe they're the ones who are snickering.

After days of stressing about it, I finally sent my resume to Cisco. This job is a bit over my head, and I don't have a degree, which they are asking for, but its good exercise for me to battle that demon and put myself out there. As usual, the little people that live on either shoulder have been having a field day with this one.

Left: Who do you think you're kidding? There's no way in hell you could handle this job!

Right: You've done almost everything in the job description and been very successful at it. Its a great step-up for you and you deserve it!

If nothing else, its yet another step towards the end of trying to manage my life around the ever-increasing-unlikely scenario of having a baby. I've set my life up so its just perfect for getting PG and then having a baby, which is probably why it hasn't happened yet. Stupid me! I should leave my husband, quit my job and take a room in a sleazy motel, then I'll get PG fer sure!

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

Oh Hon..believe me, I know what you mean about taking that fucking little pill every day..like a daily slap in the face.
I hope that things start settling down, and you can finally get all the way through a stupid ass cycle without incident.
*Thinking of you*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home