Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Friday, December 17, 2004

One Week Down...

...and one to go. Every night when I mark in my little bedside calendar the cycle day and DPO, I think -- for the love of God, that's it?? I'm still only in single digits past my last IUI? Geez, give me a break here with the stopping of the time-space continuum.

You'd think with the horrific work stress I've had the past two weeks that the time would have flown by, but alas, its made abso-fucking-lutely no difference at all. Other than making me unbelievably tired and stressed out. Network stuff is NOT my forte, but for some reason I was put in charge of a computer upgrade that required a lot of network knowledge. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, and it was. Correction: is. A project that was supposed to take 2 days and be a slam-dunk is still going on, two weeks later. I found out that messing with computers is a lot like ART: you take one step forward and two steps back. You finish one thing only to find that what you just did caused something else not to work, so you have to put everything back where it was before and start over, this time trying the same thing a different way.

The only good thing that's come out of this is extra hours, which means, extra money, since I am a contractor and bill by the hour. Unfortunately, I get paid net 30 days from invoice, so I won't see any of this extra money until in time to have a merry Christmas on company expense. Its always something.

Oh, and one more thing. My doctor's office called this afternoon to inform me that my blood panel from my physical two weeks ago was back and my cholesterol is 211. This is not a good number, ladies and gentlemen. Anything over 200 is considered a risk, and I have a family history of heart disease and a minor heart murmur, which I've had since infancy. I don't even know where to start here. I exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and have a 22 BMI, thank you very much. If this means I can't eat ice cream any more, I am going to very, very, very upset.

2 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's only been a week, either! It sucks that not even stressful work can distract you from thinking/worrying about TTC, too. I hope that things start getting much better at work. -Kym

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

Man, it DOES seem much longer. That just blows that all the stress of work hasn't had the usual advantages of making time pass quickly. Please please, let us know what your dr says when you talk to him on monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home