Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Friday, December 24, 2004

Year In Review 2004

Yes, its another year round-up post. I'm not going to make this a long dialogue of specifics, that's not necessary. I can summarize the year in two words: SUCKED ASS. Mostly. Intermittently there were moments of non-crappiness, but let's take a look, shall we?

January: Clomid/IUI cycle -- failed

February: Clomid/IUI cycle -- failed, followed by a laparoscopy chaser

March: rest cycle

April: Clomid/IUI cycle -- failed, and one my dogs had to have surgery

May: hubby was in Reno on a business trip for half the month

June: 3 day girl's road trip with a friend to visit Hearst Castle, then later in the month, a trip to Arizona for the funeral of hubby's step-mother, turned 40, natural cycle -- failed

July: our wedding anniversary on the 2nd, first test of FSH level at 18.6, natural cycle -- failed

August: second test of FSH level at 11.9, Clomid/natural cycle -- failed

September: managed to get one day of jet skiing in, hubby had minor surgery, natural cycle -- failed

October: first injectibles cycle -- cancelled due to poor response

November: on BCPs to get rid of cysts from injectibles, saw the Waifs with Tiffanni

December: second injectibles/IUI cycle -- failed

That's a whole lot of failing in one year, ladies and gentlemen. I know, I know, I'm not supposed to view it as a personal failure, but let's face it, my body failed to do what I wanted it to do. With high FSH, poor response to meds and 40 staring back at me in the mirror, I'm more than discouraged. I'm almost resigned. But we've already paid for one more month's worth of injections, so once our bank account and my psyche has recovered a bit, we'll take one more swing at it. Happy Fucking New Year.

2 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

at least 'The Waifs' were good! ;)
I am with Mel. '05 has GOT to be better than this shithole of a year!! ((Thinking about you))

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Donna: That does suck ass! I'm so sorry about the latest round. I thought for sure this was your month. I've been drinking Baileys Irish Creme these last few days, so I'm raising my little mini-bottle to kiss this year good bye and hope for a better new year.

I've never been a religous person...even less so lately. Nevertheless....May God Bless Us All In 2005. It's our turn.

Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home