Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Last Train to Clarksville

Yesterday's U/S went well, no cysts, although I'm wondering how he was able to get in and out of the room in under 30 seconds flat...$160 please. Stopped on the way home to get the Clomid Rx filled, and par for the course, its no longer covered. $70 for 10 pills. But, I'm not going to waste energy on the money issues. This is the last time we're doing this, I need to put my energies elsewhere.

We got an email this morning announcing the early arrival of a friend's baby. I'm happy for them, they are a great couple, I even sent a way cool baby/mother gift, but I feel so detached. Numbness has become my friend. That'll come in handy starting Friday when the Gonal-F shots begin anew.

Its interesting to me that I only sound this cynical on-line. To the real world I live in, I remain hopeful and willing to do what it takes, despite the hardships. Inside, I'm planning child-free vacations. A true Gemini, I am.

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Donna...I have so much to say and absolutely nothing to say at the same time. (I know that sounds crazy, but I suspect you know what I mean.) Just know that my thoughts are always with you.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

Well, for now I will just be grateful that they found no cysts. That's a start.
Son of a bitch about the clomid though. I said it before I will say it again. I hate that crap!
**Sending you happy good cycle vibes**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home