Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Friday, February 25, 2005

Horror Stories

There have been so many horrifying stories in the news lately concerning infants and children being killed, maimed or abandoned. By their parents. As someone who wants children and can't have them, I find this inexplicable. Yesterday alone I read three stories at CNN.com, one from Georgia, and two from Texas, Houston and McKinney.

As I struggle to understand why something as seemingly simple and natural as conception has eluded me, I find myself at odds with the planet. There is no cosmic or karmic lottery, people aren't picked to be parents based on how loving or capable they are, and bad things happen to good people and vice versa. Trying to wrap my brain around the world I live in is a challenge these days.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Donna - I feel completely empty. Not so long ago I really believed life had meaning - that things happened for a reason and usually worked out for the best. Now I just believe things happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home