Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Monday, February 14, 2005

Turning Blue

In addition to feeling like I am watching a movie of my life instead of living it, and playing Jekyll and Hyde constantly (moving from positive to negative), I also feel like I am holding my breath. I know a lot of us feel like their lives are on hold while we are TTC, its worse this month because I've got it stuck in my head that this is THE LAST ONE. The last medicated cycle = our last decent chance of success. A part of me knows that it could theoretically happen in the future, we aren't going to do anything to prevent conception and I still ovulate at least some of the time, but with my high FSH levels and my age rocketing forward, the chances are pretty slim. In about a week we will know for sure. Until then I'm having trouble making a decision about anything.

We are trying to set up a trip to Vegas next month. The weekend we want to go is the weekend after a NASCAR race, so everything is booked. I've been sending emails to owners of timeshares and condos, but nobody has answered me yet. We still need to book the flights too. But I can't.

Then there's the proposed trip to Hawaii next fall or winter. I've found a couple of great B&Bs and did a bit of research on flights, but despite my best efforts, I just can't get into the planning. I'm too busy standing on the edge of a precipice and holding my breath.

I can't even finish the room upstairs we've been working on for months. Is it going to be a nursery? Or just my dresssing room? Ugh.

On another topic, hubby and I had a nice Valentine's Day, we celebrated yesterday since we were together the whole day. He brought me some beautiful flowers and we went out to a wonderful restaurant for dinner. He really is a special man. I don't know what I would do without him.

I'm sorry my blog hasn't been funny or even very entertaining lately. I don't do well on meds, and this month I had ONE DAY where I didn't take something, starting on CD3. I went from Clomid to Gonal-F to an HcG shot to Prometrium. Bear with me while I finish off this ride.

4 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Sue said...

That restaurant looks fantastic! We love oysters...and need I say anything about loving desserts?

Donna: TTC sucks....no ifs, ands, or buts. The absolute worst part is waiting, at any stage in the process. I don't have anything to say that will sugar coat what you're going through. My heart just aches. Please don't feel you have to be funny or uplifting in your blogs. You do enough on of that on the boards. Say what is on your mind. If anyone doesn't like what you say...well, tough shit!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

Oh that 'movie' comment hits the nail right on the head. Ouch!
I am sorry D. I wish there was something I could say or do that would make this shit easier to deal with, but as we all know, there really isn't.
Just know that there are people out here rooting for you and are here if you need us. ((HUGS))

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

We need an update, hon. How are you doing. Hope you are feeling LOTS better 'n stuff.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Same here, Donna. I think of you all day long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home