Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Best By

If I were a jar of mayonnaise I would be a bio-hazard. I've obviously passed my "best by" date. I got my period yesterday, after a second 20-day cycle in a row. I am trying to tell myself that my body is still adjusting after all the meds I've pumped into it in the past two years, but the voice on my left shoulder isn't buying it. "You're old", she whispers in my year, "and your body is fucked up." Thanks. I know I can always count on you. The voice on the right shoulder is either gagged or has larangytis.

Obviously I've moved to another stage of grief, its called You Suck. There must be a reason why I've not been able to conceive. I have myself convinced that I'm too lazy, selfish and morose to have a child. Or, if you want to say that in a nicer way, I'm too set in my ways and don't have either the patience or the requisite silliness to have a child. Either way, it's me. Some days it's all I can do to throw the ball a few times for my dog before I tell him to go lay down. I don't think a child would be so easily placated. Even with treats.

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

haha, the YOU SUCK mode, huh? I think I have been in that mode for the past 32 years. Fun, ain't it?!
I am sorry about the dumb ass short cycles. Nothing like that as a nice little reminder, huh?
I am totally there with you about the 'lazy, selfish, morose' thing. I don't know if it's just a defense mechanism or what. Silliness...aw, girl, you got silliness coming out your wazoo. :P
((HUGS))

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Sher said...

{{{Donna}}} I am in a pissy mood this week too about my cycle and kids and all that crap. It really pisses me off more when I read blogs about women that had miscarriages and then go on to have a healthy pregnancy and then proceed to COMPLAIN about everything happening to them...ie: morning sickness, clothes don't fit, I'll be so glad when this is over crap...I just want to scream at them to be damn thankful they are pregnant and are having a healthy child and not another miscarriage. Geez!

Sorry for the rant. It sucks!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Hey! I'm in the "You suck" stage of grief, too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home