Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Seven

This has been around for a while, but since I was tagged by Avonlea I thought, what the heck, anything to get out of working from home.

Seven things to do before I die (not in order of priority):
1. Visit my Dad's family's land in Northern Ireland
2. Write a novel (and hopefully get it published)
3. Meet my husband's son
4. Go back to Paris
5. Learn to ski
6. Open a dog park
7. Pay off a mortgage

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Sew
2. Speak a foreign language
3. Throw a frisbee
4. Drive a stick shift
5. Scuba dive
6. Walk past a dog without petting it
7. Vote in the U.S. (I'm a Canadian citizen)

Seven things that attract me to my spouse (in random order):
1. His small perfect ears
2. His eyes
3. His flat little butt
4. His compassion
5. His ability to cry
6. His goofiness
7. His love of animals

Seven things I say most often:
1. Love you more
2. Bonus
3. Holy crap
4. What's up with that?
5. Silliness
6. Alert the media
7. Hello?

Seven books (or series) I love (in random order):
1. The Time Traveller's Wife
2. The God of Small Things
3. The Phantom Tollbooth
4. Outlander
5. The Autobiography of Henry VIII
6. The Crimson Petal and the White
7. Atlas Shrugged

Seven movies I watch over and over again (in random order):
1. The Princess Bride
2. An American in Paris
3. Amadeus
4. Chocolat
5. Sixth Sense
6. Dangerous Liaisons
7. The English Patient

I'm not going to tag anyone specifically, but if you want to leave in the comments any interesting tidbits about yourself, that would be cool.

Here's a lovely song I just found, and since its almost technically winter, its another gift to you.
Sarah McLachlan - Song for a Winter's Night Mp3

5 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger avonlea said...

Donna, I hope you get to do all of those things, and if you open the dog park - I'm bring my mutt to visit!

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vous pouvez encore apprendre une nouvelle langue.

We have quite a few favourite movies in common. Don't you just love Kristen Scott Thomas in The English Patient. I just think she is a superb actress and so under-rated.

A bit about me.
A compete Desmond Morris fan. Reading The Naked Ape, changed my life's perspective and made me an agnostic (that and years of infertility ofcourse!!). And yes, I too am fascinated by Henry VIII and can name all his wives (in order).

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great lists, Donna! I doubt I could come up with seven of ANYTHING in ANY category - my life is so disorganized! -Kym

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

Woohoo, now I have something to do next summer..teach Donna how to throw a frisbee!

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, damn! The English Patient and Amadeus! Of course! I LOVED those movies! aagghh. It's hard to stick to seven.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home