Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Sunday, June 26, 2005

It's In the Genes

Don't you just love how the medical profession figures stuff out when it's too late to do you any good? Apparently, soon they will have a test that may be able to tell you approximately how many eggs you have left, and therefore, how long you can afford to wait to have children. Great. Too bad they didn't have this 10 years ago.

"In a study presented Tuesday at a European fertility conference, scientists reported some women who find it easy to conceive after age 45 have a special genetic profile."

Here's a link to the news story. Read it and weep with me if you're over 40.

3 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Mellie said...

Well, to take a positive spin on it, at least the reason the ovaries are older is because they're stronger and more adept at fighting dna damage and cell destruction!

And wasn't there a study recently that said maybe women DO produce more eggs than what they were born with?

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I just LOVE reading that my fertility PLUMMETED when I turned 37. Thanks. I feel sooo much better now.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Hmph.

I liked hearing that my fertility plummeted when I turned 37, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home