Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Saturday, June 18, 2005

How Much Does He Love Me?

Let me show you the ways.

Here's our anniversary presents to each other (a bit early). Ours are black. If you have dogs, and especially if you have dogs that you let sleep on your bed, you know how expensive and/or how much of a hassle it can be to keep a king-sized comforter clean. Now we can wash them ourselves.

And below is my birthday present from DH. Again, a few days early but he just couldn't wait and we are attending an event later today in which having a digital camera will be a plus.



The instruction manual is more than a little daunting (even the one in English), but thankfully the camera has a "beginner" setting until I have time to really go through all the features. DH is an amazing photographer so he can explain all the fancy stuff I don't understand. Now I can post pictures I just took on here.

Thursday I attended an all-day seminar for work and ran into a colleague I initially met soon after I moved to California in 1988, through my ex. He was going on and on about how good I looked. In fact, he said I looked 10 years younger now than I looked 10 years ago. Well, he can't know that since he didn't meet me quite 20 years ago, but I forgave him the slight exaggeration. I told him happiness can do that for a girl. Later I thought, after all the sadness I've been through, especially lately, how telling it was that that's what popped into my head to say. I think I really am going to be OK.

6 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's sooooo weird.... because you know what? OUR anniversary present to eachother this year was ALSO a brand-spankin' new super duper deluxe front loadin' washer and dryer... in fact... we spent the actual evening of our anniversary sitting on the floor of the laundry room with a couple of glasses of red wine mesmerized by the tumbling action of the sudsy clothes...

Maybe it's a Canadian thing...

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Sher said...

Donna, I do believe you will be okay. {{{{HUGS}}}}}

We do have a dog and she does sleep in the bed with us as well. Not my doing but DH's. I'd prefer it if she would sleep in her own bed but, after a year and half it would be hard to make her get down now. LOL
As for me, I am doing MUCH better now that AF has arrived and started her thang. Thank you for asking about me. :-)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

Donna, what a super cool anni. present...both of them!
I am jealous beyond words!
So, when are you guys leaving on your trip again? You will love it up there!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Mellie said...

You ARE going to be okay. It makes me smile that that's what you thought to say. Yeah for letting the happiness in.

And happy anniversary & birthday. I love the ann. gift.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary & Birthday! What lovely gifts! I am SUPER jealous about the washer and dryer. I want a set BAD!

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie,

I have the same ones! Also in Black. And they're wonderful!!! My dogs shed like crazy and it's been a real godsend.

{{{Hugs}}}}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home