Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Friday, May 20, 2005

Trying to Learn to Be Less Alive

I'm feeling melancholy today, and since there are a couple of us feeling the same way I decided to post a beautiful, melancholy song from Ani Difranco.

I am out here studying stones
Trying to learn to be less alive
Using all of my will
To keep very still
Still even on the inside

I sometimes think what a blessing it would be to just not care that I will never see what my child looks like, but I know I don't live in a vacuum and not caring about that would mean changing who I am at the core.


Studying Stones [download from Amazon]

3 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd never really been an Ani Difranco fan, but those lyrics gave me goosebumps.

(((HUG YOU)))

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. I hope you are doing okay.

Thinking of you.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it's another rough day, sweetie. -Kym

 

Post a Comment

<< Home