Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Update and a Clarification

AF is still coming in in dribs and drabs, I wouldn't call it CD1 yet, but the rest of me feels like I'm in the throws of it. It doesn't really matter, obviously my lining is in the process of breaking down and it's too early for that.

I just wanted to make it clear that I don't think 41 is too old to have a baby. Except maybe for me. I know lots of women who have had or who are having a baby after 40, although finding someone having or who had their first baby after 40 is still rare. Ironically, this is possibly the only thing in my life that I had no doubt that I could do. When we started TTC (even though I was 38), after the initial round of tests on us both showed that we were in good shape, I thought, well heck, I'll be pregnant in no time! I've also thought that if perhaps I had some sliver of hope in all this time, a chemical pregnancy, or anything to show that this is something my body was willing and able to do, then I would feel differently now.

As I'm fond of saying (with a nod to Dr. Phil), it's clear to me that the wheels have come off my fertility cart and I'm sitting here with no means to roll forward anymore.

P.S. Is it wrong that I've come to my own blog a million times just to look at Will Kemp?

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EVERY TIME I come to your blog I scroll down to look at Will Kemp. Mmmmmm . . .

Thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home