Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Weekend Fun

Things have been pretty somber and heavy on my blog lately and I felt like throwing out some fun for you (and me).

First, some gratuitous hotness: meet Will Kemp. He's a British ballet dancer/model/actor, this photo is from his solo Gap ad from 2002. If you want to see the entire commercial (and hey, who wouldn't), click here. You're welcome.



Second, I thought I would share some of the music I've found recently and fallen in love with. I'm thinking of making it a regular feature here on WTLB. These are all free and legal downloads from recognized commercial sites.

Badly Drawn Boy

His real name is Damon Gough, he grew up in Bolton, northern England, a talented singer-songwriter with "baroque folk-pop sensibilities". "Not surprisingly, Gough has been showered with accolades and critical praise, most recently securing the coveted Mercury Music Prize, England's top album award. He deserves it. He's an astute and diverse songwriter, with great instincts for what makes the perfect pop song." [Quotes and downloads from Epitonic]
Once Around The Block
The Shining

Tell me what you think about the music and the new feature.

4 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Tiff said...

I have heard a lot of BDB...even saw a video a while back.
Ok...it finally downloaded....
not too shabby.
Groovy, Man!!!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never get tired of Will Kemp.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Ramona said...

Hmmmm...I DO love young men! He is definitely a cutie.
LOVE the new feature! I have to say I liked the first song better than the second. Always nice to listen to something new!

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, HELLO, Will Kemp. Donna, how about you and I and our two British blog hotties get together sometime for drinks?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home