Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Far Out

You know you live in the boonies when your neighbor is building a yurt on their property. When we first moved here 6 years ago the same neighbor was building a teepee. We thought it was an elaborate Boy Scout badge-attaining adventure, turns out it was home for a young couple for over 2 years. Yes, even in the winter. And yes, it does snow here (we're up at about 2500' above sea level). The yurt is also going to be a home, this time for a young couple with two young sons. I'm waiting for the VW bus to show up any day now.



3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - I wish I could live in the boonies! I love to be in the mountains! Teepee's & Yurts & VW's - oh my!

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought Squamish was boonie-ville...

And isn't YURT just fun to say out loud?

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger chris said...

You sooooo live on the West Coast. I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home