Words to Live By

Happily married. 41. Infertile/perimenopausal. TV and iPod addict. Transplanted Canadian living in California. {Warning - abundant sarcasm and frequent *gasp* profanity lie herein.}

Friday, January 20, 2006

Wild and Crazy

Am I scaring people away with all this heaviness? I know there are tons of lurkers out there, I'd love to hear from you, particularly anyone who has adult step-children.

I was tagged by Jude so I thought I would lighten things up a bit today and give you 5 weird things about me.

1. I wear my watch on my right wrist even though I am right-handed; I found it really difficult to fasten the strap when its on my left. Consequently, people often think I am left-handed at first glance.

2. I have a very acute sense of smell, D. calls me The Super Sniffer. Sometimes that's a good thing (chocolate chip cookies), and sometimes it is not (roadkill).

3. I cannot say the word "malevolent". I can barely type it.

4. I have a problem with left and right. I have slight dyslexia and that seems to be the way it expresses itself. If I had a dime for every time someone said to me, "No, your OTHER right!", I'd be sitting on a velvet chaise lounge having someone feed me grapes while they fanned me as I typed this.

5. I love cheese and honey sandwiches. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

After our dinner tomorrow we are all going over to see D.'s Mom. It's her 85th birthday and she is tickled pink that she will get to see her youngest grandson again.

8 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Donna, have a fantastic time at the dinner. Can't wait to hear how the meeting goes. Cheese and honey?!!? Weirdo. (wait, that actually sounds good ... must try)

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Initially, I thought ewww, cheese and honey, but then I remembered some good bleu cheese drizzled with honey and sprinkled with walnuts, and that was uber-good. And hey, no weirder than me dipping my grilled cheese in ketchup! There I de-lurked, how's that?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

I call mine a bionic nose. I definitely understand.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow night. What a lot at once. I'm sure his son is just as nervous as you are.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Sher said...

Donna, I am looking forward to hearing all about the dinner. Have fun and good luck!!!

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not even imagine what it must be like to be you right now/tomorrow/tomorrow night/the next day.
I hope this is a new awakening for you,
I want it to be the greatest experience.
Enjoy it. Soak it in. Be open.
I'm on pins and needles!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger avonlea said...

When I was little I wrote left and right on my Keds - I could use that still!

I hope the dinner is a great meeting and that there are lots of hugs, smiles and healing.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Good luck today. I hope you are all enveloped by the love in the room!

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

I hope your dinner and visit went wonderfully. I can't wait to hear about it.

Umm..honey and cheese? I am worried about you.
haha, I have that same right/left problem.. I am glad to hear I am not the only one...I think mine is due to a mix of dyslexia and ambidextrousness. (is that a word?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home